Dec 7, 2021
The ultimate goal for salespeople is pretty simple - to close
more deals. But how do we make that happen? Today’s episode of
Aligned is a rerun of Sean’s guest appearance on The
Sales Evangelist Podcast hosted by Donald Kelly. The pair
discusses the science-based approach to sales and marketing (and
the alignment between the two) that Fitzmartin specializes in to
drive revenue for clients.
The idea of a science-based framework:
- Most of us love superheroes (who today isn’t a devout Marvel
fan?) As the last touch, salespeople are considered the hero for
most clients in the business world.
- While a sales team might complain about bad leads, science has
a different view. 80% of leads are in some degree of
- Behavioral science is the transtheoretical theorem of
behavioral change, according to Prochaska & DiClemente: there’s
more to human behavior than awareness.
- Sean’s pro tip: When interviewing an ad agency, ask them what
the most effective marketing approach is just before closing a
- A good marketer knows how to impact a deal throughout the sales
Looking back/looking forward:
- From a marketing and sales perspective, there are specific ways
to help when customers want to move forward.
- Scientific research has determined nine processes across all
forms of behavioral science that allow people to move forward, but
only at specific places.
- When people are contemplating a purchase, they go to your
website. However, just because the prospects haven’t bought doesn’t
mean they forget your company and their needs.
- Awareness isn’t everything; consumers need a later stage
process to finalize their decision.
- Marketers need to help people move from contemplation to
preparation and eventually to action.
Audio provided by Free SFX
and Bensound. Other songs
used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by
Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and produced by
Brightseed and Hill.